Sunday, March 25, 2007

..once again...

Well, another relationship officially down the fucking tubes. It's like everything I touch turns to shit. It tears me up that there's one more person - that I love - to add to the list of those I've hurt. Being empathic can be such a burden at times.



"Once, if my memory serves me well, my life was a banquet where every heart revealed itself, where every wine flowed.

One evening I took Beauty in my arms - and I thought her bitter - and I insulted her.

I steeled myself against justice.

I fled. O witches, O misery, O hate, my treasure was left in your care. I have withered within me all hope. With a silent leap of a sullen beast I downed and strangled every joy.

I have called for executioners; I want to perish chewing on their gun butts. I have called for plagues, to suffocate in sand and
blood. I have laid down in the mud, and dried myself off in the crime-infested air. I have played the fool to the point of madness...." -from 'Once if my Memory Serves me Well...' by Arthur Rimbaud

No comments: